Bradfield Consulting Limited Latest Job Vacancy for Site Supervisor (Quantity Surveyor)…
Bradfield Consulting Limited – Our client, a prestigious real estate/property firm located in Lagos is seeking to fill the position of:
Job Title: Site Supervisor (Quantity Surveyor)
- He/she would help to minimise the cost of projects and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality
- Oversee site operations on a day-to-day basis, and ensure that work is done safely, on time and within budget and to the right quality standards.
- Assess and manage safety hazards in the workplace.
- Supply all relevant information to the Project Manager for review at the specified intervals set.
- Manage all costs relating to site projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures
- Undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance of project work
- Perform risk, value management and cost control
- Advise on a procurement strategy
- Prepare and analyse costing for tenders
- Identify potential financial or construction risks
- Analyse completed projects to determine ROI and compare costs
- Negotiating the cost of projects
- Prepare and monitor project Cash flow forecasts. Measure, value, submit and negotiate contract variations
- Update boundary lines and prepare sites for construction, make precise measurements to determine property boundaries so as to avoid legal disputes
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or client
- Assist in establishing a client’s requirements and undertake feasibility studies
- Estimate quantity and costs of materials
- Set budgets for payments, inventory needs, and materials
- Drawing up contracts with vendors
- Negotiate with contractors and subcontractors
- Act as a liaison between clients and site managers/engineers
- Advise clients on improvements, strategies, and/or estimated costs
- Develop and maintain working relationships with contractors and subcontractors
- Provide advice to project staff on commercial and contractual matters including reviewing and drafting of correspondence
- Commercial vetting of sub-contractor tenders and contracts
- Communicate regularly with project staff and specialist subcontractors to ensure commercial controls are in place, understood and followed at all times
- Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Engineering, Management, or related field.
- 5years of general construction estimating experience, financial experience, construction experience, or related field.
- Proficient in computer skills and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Detailed knowledge of existing technology in the field, legal issues and complex regulations.
- Experienced in compiling and following strict budgets; strong estimating and financial analysis skills.
- In-depth understanding of construction, materials, pricing, and industry
- Should possess a strong numeracy and financial management skills and have the ability to learn sophisticated design and costing IT packages.
- Should possess the ability to write clear and precise reports and to relate complex information in a simple way to a diverse range of people.
Application Closing Date
25th May, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online