Palladium Group Latest Job Vacancy for Senior IHP Director (Sokoto)…
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior IHP Director – Nigeria IHP Task Order 5
Project Overview and Role
- The purpose of this Nigeria Integrated Health Program (IHP) Task Order (TO) 5 Contract is to implement priority primary health interventions in Sokoto State to strengthen the state-, LGA-, and ward-level health system as well as strengthen engagement with the state government. The objectives of the program are to:
- Strengthen systems supporting primary health care services;
- Improve access to primary health care services; and,
- Increase quality of primary health care services.
- The IHP goal is to contribute to state-level reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and private) to sustainably support quality primary health care (PHC) services. TO 05 will be USAID’s principal primary health program service delivery activity in Sokoto and will coordinate closely with other USAID activities and other development partner programs in the state.
- USAID will intentionally overlay this activity with other Mission programming to increase Government of Nigeria (GON) resources for primary health care (PHC) services, increase demand for PHC services, and improve access to essential commodities. The activity is expected to collaborate closely with those other implementing partners and will not undertake any activities already implemented by other USAID programs.
- The State IHP Director shall be the principal point of contact in Sokoto for procedural and substantive matters. The State IHP Director will take guidance from the Country Director and shall be responsible for ensuring quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the award.
- The State IHP Director shall provide overall leadership management and direction for IHP in Sokoto State.
- This individual will be expected to identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate program adjustments.
- Provides leadership, guidance, vision, and management to staff for successful implementation in Sokoto State
- Supervises TO5 staff and ensures strong collaboration with donors, other implementers, and local counterparts
- Responsible for meeting contractual obligations, producing deliverables and targets, and achieving project results as specified by USAID/Nigeria under TO5
- S/he oversees project planning and ensures implementation, with a focus on results and financial accountability for all project activities
- Post-graduate degree in International Health, Social Sciences, Management or related discipline
- Demonstrated progressive experience in RMNCH programs and working with development agencies and organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, project beneficiaries and project staff.
- Possess excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills in English; demonstrated supervisory skills; and ability to work well on a team.
Application Closing Date
17th May, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Nigerian nationals representing the gender, ethnic, and regional diversity of country are strongly encouraged to apply.