The Federal College of Education (Technical), Akoka, Yaba, Lagos, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Director of Works and Physical Planning
- Director of Works & Physical Planning is responsible to the Provost for the day-to-day Physical/Infrastructural Facilities Planning, Development and management of the College
- For this vacant post, the College seeks candidates with the vision, managerial ability with requisite professional skill and competence;
- He must be receptive to new ideas and ready to translate them to reality.
- He/She is responsible for the coordination and supervision of physical/infrastructural development of projects.
- Ensuring quality standards and maintenance of structures in the College
- Furthermore, the candidate must be of good health and be ICT compliant.
Candidates for the post of Director of Works & Physical Planning must possess the following requirements:
- Possess a B.Sc. Degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electrical/Electronics Engineering or any other relevant Degree from a recognized institution with a minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division, plus NYSC Discharge Certificate. The Possession of a Masters Degree will bean added advantage.
- The candidate must possess professionally recognized certificate with current practicing license as well as not less than Twenty-one (21) years post qualification Engineering experience
- In addition, the candidate must have at least Five (5) years of relevant experience in a senior management position in similar institution.
- Candidate must be registered with Council for the Regulation of Engineering (COREN) or Architecture Regulation Council of Nigeria (ARCON) or Quantity Surveying Regulation Board of Nigeria (QSR8N) or Council of Registered Builders of Nigeria (CORBON) and must be computer literate with a working knowledge of relevant packages.
- Candidates must not be more than 59 years as at the time of assumption of duty.
- Candidates must have spent at least 5 years as Deputy Director of Works.
- All candidates must submit in clear terms in not more than two pages, their vision and mission statements for the College in the next five (5) years with particular reference to their office of interest.
Condition of Service
- The candidate will be entitled to the privileges and benefits specified in the terms and conditions of Service for Staff of Federal College of Education (Technical), Akoka and according to other conditions which may be approved from time to time by the Governing Council of the College in consultation with the National Commission for Colleges for Education.
- The appointment of the candidate is for an initial period of five (5) years in the first instance and may be eligible for re-appointment for a second term of five (5) years subject to satisfactory performance.
Application Closing Date
23rd July, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) typewritten copies of their Application (including Curriculum Vitae and credentials) giving the following information as listed below:
- Full Name
- Mobile Phone Number
- E-mail Address
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Nationality and State of Origin
- Permanent Postal Address
- Current Postal Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Institutions attended with dates
- Qualifications obtained with dates
- Academic Honours and Membership of Professional bodies
- List of Academic Journals and Publications, where applicable
- Experience, posts held with duration, salaries and dates
- Evidence of proficiency in ICT (packages and capabilities)
- Societal linkages
- Report of medical fitness (from a government hospital)
- Present occupation and status(s)
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees one of whom must be in a position to supply applicant’s academic and professional references.
- Signature and date.
Applications should be enclosed in an envelope marked “DIRECTOR OF WORKS AND PHYSICAL PLANNING” at the right hand corner and addressed to:
Federal College of Education (Technical), Akoka,
P.O. Box 269,
- In addition to stating the names and addresses of three referees on the curriculum vitae, applicants should request their referees to forward references on their behalf directly to the Registrar and Secretary via the above address.
- Only applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.