Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations (affiliates) committed to creating a just world without poverty. In Nigeria Oxfam works in the areas of Economic Justice/Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian Programming to save lives, Advancing Gender Justice and Good Governance, adopting a right based approach.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Intern (Public Facing)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Contract type: Fixed Term (6 Months)
Job Family: Public Engagement
Reporting to: Digital Campaigns Office
- The post holder will play a vital role in supporting the campaign and advocacy work of Oxfam through digital platform, production of communication and advocacy materials and Voices of Food Security (VFS) partners’ coordination.
- Working closely with the Influencing Team and with guidance from the Digital Campaigns Officer, he/she will support the digital engagements of Oxfam and Oxfam’s programmes, and ensure increased visibility online and offline.
- The post holder will also assist the Digital Campaigns Officer in planning and delivery of public facing and advocacy events in Nigeria.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Working together with Programme/MEL Officers to develop Infographics of key Oxfam programmes outcomes
- Ensure increased visibility and strengthening of GROW campaign profile as well as Oxfam in Nigeria profile through digital mobilization and engagements
- Delivering digital media campaign report to the line manager
- Maintaining and updating of Oxfam and Oxfam’s programmes websites with relevant and up-to-date information
- Ensure the quality of Oxfam’s brand is maintained on communication materials for external use and in compliance with all branding requirements of Oxfam Global Identity
- Researching and developing contents for campaign materials, media publications, newsletters, blogs, bulletins and case studies
- Developing layouts for Oxfam’s publications, newsletters and other advocacy materials
- Work with programme team/carry out field visits to collate impact stories from beneficiaries
- Maintaining and updating stakeholders’ databases
- Support the IPE Team in initiating and follow up of advocacy to key stakeholders
- Support in ensuring that key influencing issues from resilience/livelihood and Right to be Heard programmes are captured, documented and shared with the line manager
- Support in planning visits, meetings, events and other engagements as required
- Support with proposal writings, workplan development, strategy development, etc.
- Support the programme unit with ICT for Development programming and proposals
- Other duties that may be assigned
Education, Experience and Competence
- An active interest in international development and social justice, and in particular an interest and understanding of the issues that Oxfam campaigns on, especially GROW, Inequality and ENOUGH campaigns
- Experience of or involvement in delivery public facing events, including experience of creating management and logistic plans and post event analysis
- Some experience or involvement in delivering effective campaigns and/or knowledge of different campaigning approaches
- Experience in using social media
- Experience and good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- A relevant tertiary qualification would be useful e.g. in communications, information management, social sciences.
- Good IT skills especially in Microsoft Office packages
- Excellent social media skills
- Good graphics design skills
- Experience and ability in taking good pictures
- Experience in using publishing and layout software (like Adobe Indesign and MS Publisher) and photo software (like Adobe Photoshop)
- Good knowledge of website/content management system
- Able to complete projects to a high standard with minimum supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Personable and enthusiastic
- Highly creative
- A lateral thinker with good analytical skills
- Organized with a attention to detail
- Able to take the initiative and work without close supervision
- Reliable and flexible
- Interested in learning and developing new skills
- Commitment to Oxfam’s mission and values
Application Closing Date
3rd August, 2018
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letters and Curriculum Vitae as one attachment to: email@example.com
- Please send your applications in the required format.
- All candidates will be shortlisted for assessment and interview.