Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Manager (National)
: Damaturu, Yobe
Job Type: Full Time
- The position is based in Damaturu, Yobe State and reports to the Operation Supports Coordinator.
- The HR Manager is responsible for implementing the HR policies and procedures to ensure optimum HR performance and provide high quality HR support to staff and programs in Yobe State.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Implement staff regulations and other HR related policies.
- Oversee the implementation of performance management and training for staff at the base level.
- Provide HR monthly reports.
- Work closely with the Head of HR at the country level with the aim to continuously improve HR processes and procedures.
- Plan and facilitate HR activities in the team: contract, recruitment and employee relation.
- Prepare monthly and mid-month cash forecasts for HR related expenses.
- Prepare field briefing schedule for new staff arriving in the field.
- Lead the HR recruitment at the base level with the support of the resourcing team.
- Lead the identification and development of improved recruitment and retention strategies.
- Filing all documents for international staff, and updating their files in line with Head of HR’s direction.
- Maintain the international staff database at field level.
- Provide advice to the senior management team on staffing and administration.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or similar field. Post graduate qualification in human resources is an added advantage.
- Possess a minimum of three years as HR generalist experience in an INGO/NGO across all HR disciplines, including employment, benefits, compensation, employee relations, training and development, workers compensation and conflict resolution.
- Experience in using HOMERE software system.
- Have knowledge of MS Office Suite (high proficiency in Excel).
- Have the ability to work in a stressful environment, take initiatives & prioritizing multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Genuine interest in & commitment to the humanitarian principles of Action Against Hunger.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Be fluent in written & spoken English.
- Have proven ability to model core HR values of confidentiality, fairness and discretion.
- Have interest & commitment to the humanitarian principles of Action Against Hunger.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work both independently & as a member of a team.
- Have strong commitment to Action Against Hunger mission & core values.
Application Closing Date
26th July, 2018
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Advert may close before the due date once we receive application from qualified candidates.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.