Vesselnet is a leading player in the off-grid solar market, independent telecommunication and information service provision in Nigeria and across Africa. Established in 2007, we are at the forefront of the provision of services to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), vendors and operators. Aside the top-notch quality of our services, we pride ourselves in the collaborative effort of our team of value-driven, experienced, young professionals carefully selected through a rigorous selection process to ensure consistency in the quality of our services and corporate goals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Solar Engineer
Key responsibilities of this role:
- Design, procurement and maintenance of embedded renewable power systems for our wide range of individual, commercial and governmental bodies.
- Planning and management of on and off-grid PV systems and multi- technology hybrid systems
- Deliver appropriate design solutions based on specific site resources, customer desires and budgets, and assessed load requirements.
- Identify strategic equipment suppliers.
- Support the operations and maintenance (O&M) of our installed systems, including development of maintenance contracts and operations manuals
- Supervise the teams to conduct detailed site surveys for PV and hybrid solutions
- Carry out customer meetings as the company’s technical representative
- Design a wide range of on and off-grid solar PV configurations including:
- Embedded systems
- Off-grid stand-alone systems
- Mini-grids for off-grid clients and communities
- Micro-grids for commercial and industrial clients
- Large mega-watt scale solar farms (this will not be an initial focus)
- Systems that integrate with existing energy equipment
- Performance modelling, monitoring and reporting of PV system outputs
- Develop cost estimates of PV plants that include all aspects of the project cycle
- Understand Nigerian regional regulatory requirements, installation standards, and implementation costs
- Build relationships with strategic equipment suppliers
- Support business development teams by providing technical support to project proposals, reports and technical documents
- Keep abreast of technology developments and identify new products that meet client/customer needs
- Specify and advise on monitoring and display solutions, appropriate circuit and surge protection devices
- Participate in project deployments, monitoring, inspection and debugging activities of key test sites
- Plan and develop an Operation and Maintenance (O&M) program which includes coordinated oversight of O&M activities, quarterly performance reports and site- documentation for clients and internal use, remote monitoring of the plants and conferring with customer and service partners to resolve complaints and to resolve arising challenges
- Report to the CEO for supervision and validation of reports and designs
- Work with the team to build capacity and to learn about the changing solar markets
- Perform other duties as required.
- Liaise with the sales team to help the company in broadening its client and customer base in the commercial and industry space.
- Degree in electrical engineering or energy technologies
- Master’s degree in renewable energy or equivalent field experience an added advantage
- Internationally recognized solar engineering qualifications or license (if any, kindly state these qualifications in your application).
- Energy audit knowledge and/or qualifications.
- Registration and/or membership of recognized international engineering body is desirable.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Minimum 3 years field experience in PV engineering.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of modelling and design software to design and plan of tangible systems.
- Demonstrated experience planning rooftops and commercial solar PV systems with focus on engineering design, construction document development, construction oversight and installation practices. It is expected that the engineer will have designed systems and will have a sound knowledge of off-grid PV design and planning.
- Demonstrated experience designing and developing bidding documents, including knowledge of PV system components, wiring practices, layout, low voltage AC design, medium voltage design, relay protection, metering, utility interconnection requirements etc.
- Knowledge of commercial 3-phase electrical installations and grid connection requirements and protection.
- Familiarity with systems that include storage and/or complex load management systems
- Hands-on approach to technical support and ability to train other staff.
- Experience with monitoring and communications systems.
- Strong analytical ability; analyzing energy figures and statistic and be able to understand them and extract the valuable/meaningful information.
- Technically self-sufficient and highly motivated.
- Strong technical writing ability, communication and presentation skills.
- Complete knowledge of energy auditing including practical aspects of electrical, mechanical and thermal energy measuring and efficiency practice.
- Ability to execute several projects and tasks in parallel.
- Ability to work cross functionally with engineering, business development, and consulting personnel.
- Willingness to travel frequently, mostly around the country.
- Strong marketing and communication skills are desired traits of candidates.
Application Closing Date
27th July, 2018
Method of Application