Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we collaborate to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within, now and for the future. In Nigeria, Mercy Corps operates in over 13 states focusing on key thematic areas of humanitarian response, conflict mitigation and adolescent girls’ empowerment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Maiduguri, Borno State
Program / Department Summary
- The Driver will work within the Logistics department of Operational Support structure, committed to provide reliable and compliant support to program activities in order to achieve efficient service to program beneficiaries.
General Position Summary
- The driver will provide safe, transport services for MC program and support staff in the described AOR (Area of Responsibility).
- The driver will adhere to all traffic and MC safety rules and follow the transport guidelines required by the MC transport department.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Operate MC vehicles as assigned by supervisor;
- Maintain vehicle log-sheets in accordance with MC policies/regulations;
- Check the vehicle conditions after each trip/routinely – report needs and problems to transport management;
- Adhere to all safety and communication protocols as advised by Mercy Corps and supervisor;
- Responsible for the safekeeping of all vehicle equipment, tools, first aid kits, spares etc.;
- Keep the vehicle ready, clean and on standby – ready for use at all times;
- Assist, as required, with logistics in the office and guesthouse daily workloads;
- Cooperate and be of assistance to staff and visitors – assist in troubleshooting potential problems during daily business;
- Report all maintenance needs of the vehicle to transport management on a regular basis;
- Undertake field assignments as assigned;
- Work night shifts at MC guesthouses – as assigned by Supervisor with the understanding these are 12 hour shifts;
- Adherence to all MC policies and procedures as outlined in MC policies and procedure manuals;
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in country of operation;
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience
- Valid drivers license and experience driving 4×4 vehicles.
- Must respect and adhere to all safety and traffic rules. Basic understanding of English and fluency in all local languages is required.
- Knowledge of routes, duty stations, project areas, the NGO and diplomatic community is required.
- A minimum of SSCE or its equivalent.
- Define the specific behavior and attitudes critical to success in the position at time of hire and as it develops over time
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2018
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit no more than 4 page CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to: email@example.com
- All applications must include the position title and Reference Number in the subject line
- CV and cover letter and should not be more than 4 pages.
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and we are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.