The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant (Warehousing) G5
Requisition #: 86164
- Under the direct supervision of the National Logistics Officer, Job typically work in large third party managed WFP warehouses with very busy and complex warehouse operations and are required to operate with a high degree of independence.
- They manage a number of warehouse support staff to achieve effective warehouse management.
- Job holder is required to coordinate receipt/dispatch and verification of commodities in order to maximise quality of warehouse operations and mitigate losses, and ensure implementation of the best storage management practices and compliance with WFP warehouse guidelines and standards.
Key Accountabilities (Not All-Inclusive)
- Coordinate and/or receive/dispatch commodities including transhipment (truck to truck) against official approved documentation (e.g. waybills and/or delivery notes) ensuring accuracy in physical count of commodities including the quality in compliance with the established standards.
- Review, verify and sign off warehouse and transport documents, and ensure accurate maintenance of confidential files and warehouse transaction records to enable immediate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
- Ensure daily warehouse closing reconciliation and accurate inventory checks supporting internal control systems in compliance with the warehouse management requirements.
- Perform daily inspections and prepare reports on the quantity and quality of the commodities received/dispatched and handled, detect promptly and analyse reasons for stock discrepancies/damages, investigate missing quantity and prepare warehouse loss reports recommending appropriate solutions, to enable informed decision-making.
- Support regular physical stock inventory exercise, to ensure compliance with IPSAS and standard business requirements.
- Implement appropriate measures to safeguard food and non-food commodities, to ensure quality control using standard preventive measures in line with WFP established procedures.
- Monitor condition of the warehouse and commodities and take appropriate actions, to support efficient warehouse space-planning and well-organized commodity storage following WFP warehouse standards.
- Provide supervision, guidance as required to TP warehouse staff supporting high performance as required.
4ps Core Organisational Capabilities
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary qualification in Logistics, Warehouse management and/or storekeeping is a requirement.
- Experience: Six or more years of progressively responsible support work experience in warehouse operations, logistics work, including at least three years related to Supply Chain at any national/international humanitarian or commercial organization carrying Logistics, Procurement or Contracts management function or related field.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English. Knowledge of multiple local languages is an added advantage.
Other Specific Job Requirements:
- This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job
Desired Experiences For Entry Into The Role:
- Experience using logistics databases to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
- Experience analysing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.
- Experience in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs.
- Experience in assisting the preparation of contract documentation.
- Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems.
Application Closing Date
6th August, 2018
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only Nigerian national are eligible to apply for this position
- Applications must be submitted online and in English only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing is strictly prohibited. Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.