World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Data Manager
Ref Id: 1803536
Contractual Arrangement: Individual service contractor
Contract duration: 4 months
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Purpose of the Position
The objective of the post is to operate WHO data management and M&E activities at the field level and provide evidence driven information for actions aimed at supporting the state/ to:
- Ensure availability of quality, timely, and complete information that guides the health emergency information and Risk Assessment
- Monitor achievement of recommended performance indicators for EWARS and IDSR highlighted in the EWARS Guidelines and Nigeria’s Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDSR) strategy.
- Provide evidences through the timely utilization of different data available and guide the program.
Description of Duties
The specific functions of the incumbent are:
- Establish, maintain and up-date databases pertaining to EWARS/ IDSR and HeRAMS
- Perform data harmonization, validation and cleaning on all data received
- Provide regular feedback on data quality, timeliness and completeness for action.
- Monitor alerts and produce daily alerts reports.
- Track and obtain missing or incomplete data/reports and provide feedback to relevant levels.
- Support the implementation of HeRAMS and work closely with M&E officers in the provision of monthly feedback on M&E6.
- Produce monthly and quarterly analysis feedback from data to enhance decision making at relevant levels
- Support data presentation, analysis and interpretation.
- Create and secure back-up copies of data
- Provide technical data management support to the LGAs.
- Conduct data management training to build the capacity of officers.
- Perform other activities as required by the supervisor.
- Essential: Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Management and related field; preferably supplemented by a certificate in GIS.
- Desirable: Field Epidemiology Training Program or Master University Degree in epidemiology, statistics, database management or public health from an accredited/recognized institute.
- Essential: At least 2 years experience in data management and ICT in an international organization, NGO, government agencies or any other reputable organization
- Desirable: Prior humanitarian working experience at field level with WHO, other UN agencies, health cluster partners, recognized humanitarian organizations or with an international non-governmental organization with expertise in disaster and outbreak response
Use of language skills:
- Essential: Excellent knowledge of English. Working knowledge of ethnic languages would be an asset.
- Specific skills required: Ability to work with large datasets, Good knowledge of online data collection applications, statistical analysis packages (Stata, SPSS, etc).Working knowledge of GIS mapping software (or similar) would be an asset.
Application Closing Date
13th August, 2018
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: The deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.