United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria, UBA has grown to become a Pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Head, Diaspora & Remittances
Reference #: DIARE072018
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Functions: Business Development
Industries: Financial Services
- The Head, Diaspora & Remittances devises strategies and executes all required actions for setting up and performance managing the diaspora and expatriate banking services of the bank.
- He/She also oversees remittance business and its expansion drive globally while ensuring the deployment and roll-out of new products in the emerging market of remittances.
The responsibilities of the role include the following:
To provide overall stewardship:
- Develop and implement business strategies to ensure increased Diaspora customer base, deposits, earnings, and usage of all bank products and services globally.
- Promote remittances from the diaspora by providing cost effective ways of sending money home and actively initiating strategic business alliances/partnerships that will lead to long term business ties with Africans in Diaspora & foreign investors interested in investing in Africa.
- Provide an enabling working environment for remittance partners which will spur their growth in addition to ensuring growth in the bank’s liability book and remittance volumes from the diaspora.
- Adapt to and manage organizational and global changes needed to meet goals involving expatriate banking and e-business strategies.
- Constant touch with regulatory provisions and external relations to ensure standard practices and adequate bench – marking of competitors in the business.
- Ensure positive brand perception and penetration in the global market.
To define and manage the bank’s strategy to grow revenue in the diaspora/remittance business segment:
- Develop and implement sales strategy and ensure that there is increased Diaspora customer base, deposits, earnings, and usage of all bank products and services.
- Plan, manage and execute campaigns in international markets with high customer potential for recruitment and articulate Bank focus with targeted presentations.
- Plan, Prepare and execute sales campaigns in the international Diaspora presence countries with high customer potential for recruitment and articulate Bank focus with targeted presentations.
- Work with IT to build customized business solutions or enhance existing solutions for efficient inward/outward remittances.
- Analyze MIS to ascertain Remittance product/channel performance and propose short-term and long-term strategies.
- Monitor performance group wide and drive subsidiaries to close performance gaps while proactively seeking out challenges to achieving 100% of set targets.
- Manage brand equity to grow UBA Group market share for the global deposits from the diaspora remittance inflows
- Carry out market intelligence for purposes of collating information that will assist the bank position itself competitively in the Remittance market and take advantage of the Global Remittance flows into the UBA presence countries.
- Identify, train and follow up on the implementation of the Performance Management System.
- Interface with all subsidiaries remittance units to ensure that group wide targets are met and activities necessary to boost our market share are executed.
Discover and perpetuate relationships on a global scale:
- Build stakeholder relations with emphasis on government agencies, ministry of foreign affairs, international agents to drive customer recruitment and relations.
- Design channels for customer communication specific to diaspora market segmentation including but not limited to social networks.
- Be the principal contact point for the bank’s relationship with a designated portfolio of Diaspora customers and non-customers.
- Explore, conceptualize and build new product propositions and Partnerships with Fintechs
- Ensure customer relations are maintained well to reduce complaints and retain existing expatriate customers.
- Support development of branch budgets and targets for integrated partners such as Western Union and MoneyGram business and other Third party IMTO.
Provide business support and coordinate other support activities:
- Effective Supervision of the respective Subsidiaries expatriate Product teams to achieve effective global product teams support.
- Effective liaison with all key stakeholders including Operations and IT teams to ensure smooth conduct of business and exceptional customer service.
- Ensure strict compliance to all Regulatory/relevant policies and regulations.
Drive, implement and manage sub-agency initiatives:
- Ensure timely go-live and manage sub-agent operations across Diaspora presence countries.
- Drive subsidiaries to identify prospective sub-agents in line with strategic objective of extending diaspora and remittance products reach even to the remotest target customers
- Supervise the engagement, due diligence and sign-on processes.
- Anchor deployment, on boarding and training exercises.
- Graduate Degree in Business/Finance.
- Masters’ Degree or a relevant professional certification will be an advantage
- 10 years related experience in a large financial institution (local/regional) preferably at Managerial level specializing in Remittance management/diaspora banking
- Extensive knowledge of business industry trends and practices, and a good understanding of legislation related to financial services and channel delivery.
- Excellent knowledge of expatriate banking models and outreach promotional strategies.
- All relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and guidelines
- Thorough knowledge of retail banking products and services, expatriate products
- Extensive banking industry knowledge including internet based technologies.
- Exposure to Diaspora Marketing in overseas locations will be an added advantage
- Good knowledge of money transfer (Remittances- both Local and International) Operations
- Ability to work well in a team, as well as manage multiple priorities in quick time frames.
- Excellent problem analysis and solving skills coupled with strong decision making skills.
- Demonstrable relationship management and influencing skills
- Sales and Marketing skills to effectively sell Bank products and expand market share
- Proven business development track record
- Self-driven, innovative and solution oriented
- Excellent digital and analytical skills
- Capable of working out alternatives to mitigate risk for the Bank
Application Closing Date
14th August, 2018
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online