Pivotage Consulting – Our client, an Oil Servicing firm within the oil and gas industry, is currently seeking to grow its team by hiring experienced personnel for the vacant position below:
Job Type: Contract
Reports to: Document Control Supervisor
Job Requirements & Responsibilities
Must be capable of executing the following:
- Perform the numbering, filing, sorting and retrieval of hard copy documents.
- Perform file backup and ensure proper storage and archiving of electronic registers.
- Store company documentation in a safe and orderly manner, and in line with company policies and procedures.
- Provide adequate document control support to projects
- Accurately update information as required, assist with file migrations and audits.
- Assist Document Control Supervisor to develop and maintain documents such as minutes of meetings, specifications, drawings, procedures, approvals and related items.
- Assist in preparing weekly and monthly reports for the Document Control Center
- Monitor all Transmission of Transmitter Sheet Outgoing (TSO), Transmitter Sheet Incoming (TSI) between Client, Contractor and Sub-contractor (Vendors).
- Perform data entry of vendor/supplier drawing, engineering schedule items, engineering procedures and process specifications.
- Any other task assigned from time to time.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Information Management Systems.
- Assist Document Control Supervisor and advise Project Manager/Project Engineer on Document Control needs prior to commencement of any construction or installation activities.
- Be able to participate in meetings and Quality Action Teams (QAT) for the Document Controls Group and initiate improvements when necessary.
- Higher National Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent qualifications in Engineering, Sciences or Social Sciences will be acceptable.
- Basic knowledge of Oil field operations in both Onshore and Offshore locations
- Good planning and organizational skills, willing to learn
- Strong technical background and skill for details
- Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service Scheme. Good communication skills at all levels, computer literate.
- People skills, demonstrate ability to work with diverse workforce effectively and coach and mentor.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with field based personnel in fluent English.
- Ensure ethical behaviour at all times.
- Responsive to customer needs and help to develop and maintain good relationships.
- Good team player with open and direct communication.
- Must practice diversity at workplace.
- Diplomatic relationship at all times.
Special Competencies Required:
- Have flare for Document Control.
- Knowledge of oil field and gas plant equipment, materials and practices
- Good numerical and analytical skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Displays visible commitment to promoting an incident and injury-free (IIF) culture on the Project.
Application closing date
15th August, 2018
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s in MS Word format to: [email protected] Using the Job Tittle as the subject of your application.