Pivotage Consulting – Our client who is an Oil Servicing firm within the oil and gas industry, is currently seeking to grow its team by hiring experienced personnel for the position below:
Job type: Contract
Job Requirements & Responsibilities
Must have at least 10 years’ experience in Document Control Management and be capable of executing the following:
- Perform document quality checks in accordance to document control procedures.
- Perform the numbering, filing, sorting and retrieval of hard copy documents.
- Perform file backup and ensure proper storage and archiving of electronic registers.
- Train and mentor less experienced team members on records management procedures and policies, including documentation, retention, retrieval, destruction and disaster recovery.
- Store company documentation in a safe and orderly manner, and in line with company policies and procedures.
- Provide adequate document control support to projects
- Produce and maintain Document Progress Reports to Project Managers.
- Accurately update information as required, assist with file migrations and audits.
- Assist Project Managers and Engineers develop and maintain documents such as minutes of meetings, specifications, drawings, procedures, approvals and related items.
- Manage Vendor Document Register, Contractor Document Register, Reports and Correspondences.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports for the Document Control Center
- Create and maintain documentation database at all project stages.
- Monitor all Transmission of Transmitter Sheet Outgoing (TSO), Transmitter Sheet Incoming (TSI) between Client, Contractor and Sub-contractor (Vendors).
- Perform data entry of vendor/supplier drawing, engineering schedule items, engineering procedures and process specifications.
- Any other task assigned from time to time.
- Create Document Numbers, application of return code, revision number and updating of document status as required for all correspondences and documents.
- Have a wide technical knowledge of various document control nomenclatures used in the Oil & Gas industry covering all disciplines.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Information Management Systems.
- Liaise with Construction, Planning, Engineering Design Contractor and advice Project Manager/Project Engineer on Document Control needs prior to commencement of any construction or installation activities.
- Be able to participate in meetings and Quality Action Teams (QAT) for the Document Controls Group and recommend improvements when necessary.
- Higher National Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent qualifications in Engineering, Sciences or Social Sciences will be acceptable.
- Good general knowledge of Oil field operations in both Onshore and Offshore locations
- Good planning and organizational skills, can work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong technical background and skill for details
- Have at least 10 years’ experience as a Document Controller, working in the Construction / Oil field Industry. Good communication skills at all levels, computer literate.
- People skills, demonstrate ability to work with diverse workforce effectively and coach and mentor.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly to Field based personnel in fluent English.
- Ensure ethical behaviour at all times.
- Responsive to customer needs and help to develop and maintain good relationships.
- Good team player with open and direct communication. MUST PRACTICE DIVERSITY AT WORKPLACE.
- Diplomatic relationship at all times.
Special Competencies Required:
- Sound Document Control experience.
- Sound knowledge of oil field and gas plant equipment, materials and practices
- Good numerical and analytical skills.
- Able to coach and mentor less experienced team players.
- Good computer skills.
- Displays visible commitment to promoting an incident and injury-free (IIF) culture on the Project.
Application Closing Date
15th August, 2018
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s only to: firstname.lastname@example.org Using the “Job Tittle” as the subject of your application.
Note: Ensure CVs are in MS Word format only.