Little Me Daycare & Nursery – We are a world-class setting dedicated to providing outstanding early years education for children in a fun and interactive way. Our aim is to instill a love of lifelong learning and motivation. Our children’s needs come first always.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Early Years Teacher
- If you think you’ve got what it takes to inspire, excite and nurture children through a crucial stage of their development, consider becoming an Early Years teacher at Little Me Daycare and Nursery.
- It’s important that the activities you plan and carry out meet the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
- Your aim is to motivate children and imaginatively use resources to help them learn. You’ll provide a safe and secure environment for them to develop their social and communication skills, while recording observations and summarizing their achievements.
- You should be focused on the development of the child to prepare them for a successful transition to primary school.
As an Early Years teacher, you’ll be concerned with helping children to achieve early learning goals. You’ll need to:
- Motivate and stimulate a child’s learning abilities, often encouraging learning through experience.
- Provide pastoral care and support to children and give them with a secure learning environment
- Assist with the development of a child’s personal, social, language and physical coordination abilities
- Develop and produce visual aids and teaching resources
- Encourage mathematical and creative development through stories, songs, games, drawing and imaginative play
- Help children develop curiosity and knowledge
- Work with others, including teaching assistants and nursery nurses as well as volunteer helpers, to plan and coordinate work both indoors and outdoors
- Share knowledge gained with other practitioners and build and maintain relationships with parents
- Observe, assess and record each child’s progress
- Ensure the health and safety of children and staff is maintained during all activities, both inside and outside the nursery or school
- Keep up to date with changes in the curriculum and developments in best practice.
- At least 2-3 years of teaching experience (EYFS) in a standard and structured school.
- Nursing Certification is an added advantage.
You will need to show:
- Knowledge and understanding of the requisite curriculum
- Respect and fondness for children
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Good organisational skills to plan the children’s day and respond to children’s different needs
- The ability to inspire and enthuse young children
- Energy, resourcefulness, responsibility, patience and a caring nature
- An understanding of the needs and feelings of children
- Ability to work independently with children, as well as being able to work in the wider nursery/school team
- A sense of humor and the ability to keep things in perspective.
- Creative skills such as music, dance, drama, arts and crafts, Chess, scrabble are advantageous.
- Hours vary depending on your setting. Daycare will be open from 7.30am until 5.30pm, The Nursery runs from 8am to 12.30pm, Afterschool care runs from 12.30pm – 5.30pm. Saturday hours runs from 8am to 5.30pm. You are expected to resume 30mins before school starts and close when the last child leaves.
- Extra hours may be required for staff meetings, inspections and parent consultations.
Application Closing Date
17th August, 2018
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letter to: email@example.com All Applications must have the position applied for as the subject line. e.g “Early Years Teacher”.
For More Info: Contact – 08098699000