Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
We are recruiting to to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Supervisor
: Maiduguri, Borno
Supervisor: Nutrition/Nurse Trainer
Supervises: Technical supervisor for Nutrition Programme Staff
- MDM provides CMAM services, including OTP, IYCF, Health Education and community engagement activities alongside all its health activities.
- MDM is seeking a Nutrition Supervisor to oversee these activities under the supervision of the Nutrition/Nurse Trainer
- As a key member of the Nutrition and Medical Programme team fully participates in key decision making for the Nutrition activities in the operation areas.
- The primary functions of the Nutrition Supervisor is to provide technical supervision and overall day to day management of all Nutrition programming, and to participate in defining intervention priorities, develop necessary contacts and relationships with government, non-government, nutrition partners, donors and UN agencies at the state level.
- Ensure that MDM programme is delivering the highest level of quality of nutrition services in line with national and international guideline.
- The Nutrition Supervisor will be responsible for the overall management of the day to day nutrition and nutrition integrated Programme activities at MDM field Sites
- Provision of formal and on-the-job trainings to MDM Nutrition teams, including Community Mobilizers, Community Health Extension Workers, OTP Dispensers, OTP screeners and other MDM staff
- Liaison with MoH, Nutrition Sector and UNICEF Nutrition Programme to ensure smooth running and coordination of the activities
- Ensure all communities are kept well informed of the programme,
- Support the trainer on providing of ongoing training for SMoH staffs with special emphasis to develop ownership of the programme by SMoH staff and build their capacity to sustain the programme.
- Liaise closely with Medical Supervisors in all MDM field sites to ensure smooth running of the activities and respond in a timely manner to any issues that arise
- Ensure effective communication on the programme status to MDM Senior Management
- Update the Nutrition Trainer on the implementation of the CMAM/IYCF-E and MNP on weekly basis.
- Work with State MoH, and other officials to ensure all aspects of programme understood and agreed to implement the programme
- Work closely with community mobilizers and community mobilizer supervisors on effective home visits (absentees, defaulters, non-respondents, transfers etc), sensitizations and active case findings.
- Follow up management of stocks with the dispensers/pharmacists; monitor rates of consumption and ensure supplies are ordered in a timely manner
- Ensure all criteria are respected and understood by the teams, including admission, discharge, non-responding, and transfer to and from the various components of the programme, all medical and nutritional protocols, and their application/OTP services.
- Ensure the beneficiaries, caretakers and members of the community are treated respectfully at all times
- Lead regular nutrition team management meetings
- Report any problems in a timely manner to the Nurse/Nutrition trainer
- Prepare monthly progress reports and statistic reports and an end of project final report for submission to the Nutrition trainer
- Ensure all MDM supported HF are equipped with all necessary tools and materials (e.g. MUAC, scales, drugs, RUTF, counselling cards, referral guides),
- Conduct follow up on referrals in line with MDM referral policy
- Ensure the accurate collection of field data and submission to the M&E Officer, informing them of any challenges
- To ensure stock cards are maintained for all items received, separated by donor and reconcile to all store documents in collaboration with the Pharmacists
- To ensure assets are safe guarded and included on the monthly update of assets to Logistics
- Assist in any other tasks when required
- Prepare a weekly activities report to submit to Health Program Coordinator
- Participate in MDM internal meetings (medical, security)
- Attend to external medical meetings (nutrition sector) in collaboration with Medical Coordinator or Health Program Coordinator or Nutrition Trainer request
- Line manager: Nutrition/Nurse Trainer
- Technical manager: Health Program Coordinator.
- Previous experience in CMAM, IYCF and MNP programs
- Good experience of data collection, reporting and analysis
- Excellent English and Hausa communication skills (both oral and written)
- Excellent organizational, training and coaching skills in health/nutrition
- Leadership, good management and ability to make decisions.
- Previous experience as a nutrition supervisor
- Education: a diploma or a university degree in a relevant discipline
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Able to prioritize and to be flexible
- Ability to work under stressful situation
- Problem solving ability
- Excellent computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Pack.
- Willingness to travel to Damboa to mentor and monitor activities
- Previous experience with INGOs
- Assessment and analytical skills
- Ability to represent MDM in external and nutrition sector meetings will be of added value.
Application Closing Date
25th August, 2018
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online