Fadac Resources – Our client, a global leader in the educational sector with a large network of trainers who are certified by international curriculum providers to deliver award-winning skills development solutions. They serve businesses, schools, and communities in Dubai, South Africa, Kenya, Nigeria, Malaysia, India, and Argentina.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
- The Project Manager will serve as both the Project Manager and Subject Matter Expert (SME) on vocational training. The Project Manager will provide technical leadership, and oversee all aspects of the project, including training and capacity building activities for all Master Trainers and Trainers, with a focus on “Train the Trainer” and achieve high-quality Vocational skills learning within the LSETF project. He/She will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of the project and will be accountable for client satisfaction and profitability of the project.
- The Project Manager will also extend support in business development, industry engagements, conceptualization, proposal writing, client meeting and setting up project teams for other vocational skills projects
- Research: Identify the gap between the desired and existing skill set for specific high demand job roles across industries.
- Content Development: Develop the training curriculum and deliver content based on the outcome of the research conducted.
- Partner Identification: Identify and/or vet the right partners in the specific geographical locations. This is required to ensure that the prospective partner has the essential infrastructure and trainers to deliver the program in the most effective manner
- “Training The Trainers” (TTT): Oversee the “Master Trainers” who train the partner’s trainers in the specific modules.
- Monitoring the training: Oversee and monitor the training imparted by the partner institutions to ensure quality output.
- Assessment & Certification: Where necessary, organize third-party assessment through various sector skill groups.
- Placement Support: Oversee the process of industry engagement and placement support to the successful candidates. This may involve inviting industries to meet and select the candidates for the respective job roles.
- Maintaining standards of curriculum and training delivery: Accountable for maintaining high standards of curriculum and training delivery at all our delivery centers. Ensure training content is developed at high-quality levels, by following necessary Qualification Framework and Occupational Standards.
Vocational Training Management:
- Oversee “Train-the-Trainer” and certification of the project personnel deployed for the training and development project.
- Oversee the creation of curriculum and other such support material required for successful delivery of the project.
- Design / oversee the development of world-class practical assessments including trainee monitoring and audit post-training (and the delivery of high impact training report and recommendations to the client).
- Work closely with the client teams to schedule and support the project including the identification of on-the-job/on-site training opportunities according to work schedules.
- Continuously monitor and solicit feedback on all training programs and materials to ensure accuracy, relevance, and effectiveness.
- Plan the Project
- End- to- end delivery of the project including but not limited to defining project scope, creating a detailed work plan, allocating resources for project completion, reviewing project schedule and all activities needed for the successful completion of the project.
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion.
Manage Project Team:
- Manage project staff according to the established policies and practices of the organization and ensure all project personnel receives an appropriate orientation to the organization and the project.
- Collaborate with project consultants to ensure the project receives leading technical expertise.
Implement the Project:
- Execute the project according to the project plan and ensure all project information is appropriately documented and secured.
- Monitor the progress of the project and establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project.
Control the project:
- Work with the accounts manager to manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures, ensuring necessary financial reports are prepared and supporting documentation for funders are provided as outlined in funding agreements.
- Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date.
- Make financially sound business decisions, with a key focus on identifying cost-saving opportunities and return on investment
Evaluate the project:
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality.
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase.
Stakeholder & Relationship Management:
- Build relationships with critical senior management stakeholders in the Company and get their ownership of the project.
- Maintain the highest level of professional and ethical standards.
- Ensure cost savings.
- Minimize variances between invoicing and collection.
- Ensure payments to Vendors is as par payment plans within SLA.
- Maintain the highest level of professional and ethical standards.
- Responsible for increasing revenue by securing new business opportunities in the vocational sector.
- Facilitate the identification of or provide leads to potential business opportunities.
Qualifications/Knowledge and Experience:
- University degree or certificate from an accredited vocational training institute preferred
- Working knowledge of Vocational Qualification framework, Occupational Standards, and Qualification Packs.
- Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) strongly preferred
- Excellent facilitation skills with demonstrated experience facilitating in a range of contexts and topics, especially in Construction, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Hospitality, Media and Garment Making
- Strong content knowledge in three or more fields (Construction, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Hospitality, Media and Garment Making), educational leadership and policy; program quality standards
- Knowledge of/experience with USAID-funded projects an advantage
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience using participatory training methodologies
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Ability to build effective relationships with all participants, peers, and stakeholders
- Must be able to work within a cross-cultural setting, negotiate diplomatically, and function well under pressure
- Ability to work as part of a team and liaise closely with project staff
- Proactive and creative, and able to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced work environment
- Culturally astute, respectful and tolerant
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills,
- Ability to work as part of a team
- A passion for quality and for developing others
- Well-organized and focused
- Eager to stay updated with the latest in the mentioned field.
- 15+ years of experience in relevant job role including CORE project management
- Experience and expertise in a designing and implementing wide-range of methods and approaches to vocational skills development and capacity building
- Demonstrated consulting level presentation creation experience; demonstrated the ability to make effective, high-level presentations to senior client personnel
- Proven experience successfully managing large-scale, complex projects
- Background in business skills, planning, management, budgeting, and analysis
- Supervisory experience required
- Previous experience as a subject matter expert with an NGO an added advantage
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2018
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online