We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources/Legal Associate
Direct Reports: State Programme Manager, WEWE Executive Director
- Internally: WEWE Executive Director, WEWE Finance and Admin Director, State Programme Manager, Head, Internal Audit/Compliance
- Externally: Auditors; some interaction with local implementing partners and other stakeholders at the local level.
Purpose and Scope of Work
- The Human Resource Officer will meet all objectives in the Project HR and Legal Portfolio by obtaining, recording, forwarding, and explaining human resource information to old and new hires and serve as business partner to members of the project staff, as well as providing the legal & advisory services need of the Project.
- The Officer will assist in the identification, attraction and retention of project personnel in line with legal, WEWE HR Policy and other applicable donor regulations.
- The post will be based in the WEWE Abuja office (Project Secretariat) with occasional trips to the project sites, State offices (Niger and Kaduna).
Management of Human Resource Portfolio:
- Provides information by answering communications; referring special communications to appropriate person.
- Obtains and orients short-term hires by forwarding requirements and criteria to Human Resource Unit providing information and directions.
- Verifies candidates’ background by contacting references.
- Enrolls new employees by issuing forms and applications; verifying completion.
- Helps employees by explaining benefit programs.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements.
- Accomplishes human resources and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Handles all pre-employment, employment and post-employments relations need of the project
Managing People and Coordination of Activities:
- Handles the arrangement of tests, interviews, chats with prospective hires.
- Performs cross-cutting functions of responding to queries on salaries, wages, leave requests, logistics arrangement and other related activities.
Controls, Documentation and Reporting
- Maintains manager and employee confidence by keeping human resources information confidential.
- Maintains human resources records by maintaining applications, CV, and applicant logs in line with WEWE’s processes and procedures.
- In charge of managing HR recruitment platform backend, shortlisting and sorting of applications.
- Provide legal advisory services and solutions
- Proof read documents to ensure accuracy and elimination of typographical errors.
- Ensure timely preparations of documents within the level of authorisation.
- Ensure high levels of transparency and accountability to both donors, to the project communities in line with WEWE’s vision to be the most financially compliant NGO in Nigeria.
- Observe with all WEWE and donor’s performance management standards and indicators.
Job Requirements (Knowledge/Skills Competencies)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Law (L.LB and B.L)
Minimum Working Experience:
- 0 – 1year experience working in the field.
- Thorough understanding of program management, donor reporting requirements and managing donor relations.
- Demonstrated research and evaluation skills.
- Very strong report writing skills.
- Proficiency in writing and copy editing skills.
- Fluent in English Language (Oral and Written)
- Ability to effectively manage a variety of internal and external relationships, including relationships with donors and partners.
- Proven ability to manage team, with show leadership, and able to work independently.
- High degree of accountability and integrity.
- Experience in working with international NGOs, local civil society organizations, government, bilateral and multilateral donors in a multi-cultural, politically sensitive environment is an advantage.
- Strong skills in the following areas: project and people management skills; information management, research and reporting, administrative, networking and stakeholder engagement, negotiation and persuasion; planning and organising; problem analysis; verbal and written communication; and organisational learning and capacity development.
- The post-holder is expected to be results and data orientated; able to orient employees, be a team-player; pro-active and creative; culturally and gender sensitive; a good listener; committed to self-development; and able to make sound judgements under pressure.
- The post holder should understand and appreciate the importance of the confidentiality requirement of the position, have good time management, analytical and have knowledge of employment law and rules governing labour relations.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS word document) explaining suitability for the job to: email@example.com
- Please indicate the title of the position applied for in the subject line of the email. Applicants should provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on their CV as well as three professional referees. Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
- WEWE’S recruitment process for this position will be on a rolling basis and while we thank all applicants for showing interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis. WEWE reserve the right to conclude this recruitment process when suitable candidates are selected.