We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Knowledge Management/Communications Officer
Direct Reports: State Programme Manager, WEWE Executive Director
- Internally: WEWE Executive Director, State Programme Manager, Head, Internal Audit/Compliance.
- Externally: Auditors; some interaction with local implementing partners and other stakeholders at the local level.
Purpose And Scope Of Work
- The Knowledge Management/Communications (KM/C) Officer will lead the coordination, development and implementation of the KM/C strategy for the project.
- The candidate will lead efforts to capture and disseminate lessons generated from the Project’s experience in delivering resilient agricultural practice in the maize value chain through concrete actions. Also, lead the architecture of the project website that presents information from all stakeholder and implementing partners.
- S/he will coordinate collection and distribution of information, knowledge, lessons, and experience across all smallholder farmers; develop effective means of collaboration with stakeholders and partners in documentation and transfer of key products and findings; and ensure that new information, knowledge, and experiences are available to all relevant audiences in a timely and user-friendly format.
- S/he will support sharing of project innovations, achievements, and lessons learned through internal and external knowledge sharing and learning mechanisms.
- The KM/C Officer will collaborate closely with colleagues in the Secretariat, while interacting with Implementing Agents, focal persons, points, project partners and other stakeholders.
- The post will be based in the WEWE Abuja office (Project Secretariat) with occasional trips to the project sites, State offices (Niger and Kaduna).
Specific Knowledge Management/Communications Portfolio:
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the coordination, implementation, further development and updating of the KM Strategy and Action Plan of the Project including analysis and description of target audiences, key messages, strategies and tactics, communication activities, expected results, and a communications workplan and/or calendar of activities.
- S/he will coordinate collection and distribution of information, knowledge, lessons, and experience across all smallholder farmers; implementing partners and donors.
- S/he will support sharing of project innovations, achievements, and lessons learned through internal and external knowledge sharing and learning mechanisms. This will be done through in-person and virtual events, knowledge products and other activities, and engaging or partnering with relevant global knowledge networks. And also develop effective means of collaboration with stakeholders and partners in documentation and transfer of key products and findings; and ensure that new information, knowledge, and experiences are available to all relevant audiences in a timely and user-friendly format.
- Establish and implement standard operating procedures (SOPs) and mechanisms for collection and distribution of information, knowledge, experiences, strategies, achievements, and success stories and disseminate lessons generated from the Project’s experience in delivering resilient agricultural practice in the maize value chain through concrete actions. And lead the architecture of the MASARA project website.
- Work closely with Secretariat teams to deliver a joint work program, embedding knowledge management activities in core business processes, and capturing synergies between the knowledge management, communications, accreditation, readiness, monitoring and evaluation work streams as part of the KMC Strategy of the Fund.
- Develop and manage innovative approaches to strengthen learning and knowledge sharing among beneficiary farmers in a fashion that is culturally sensitive, economically feasible, and technologically appropriate and that encourages their uptake.
- Coordinate the development, for the Secretariat, of adequate infrastructure and processes to manage and share the Project’s own data, information and knowledge, and ensure that KM/C technologies are deployed in accordance with best practices.
- Lead the conceptualizing and developing high quality technical products and communications materials and ensuring the quality, clarity, and accessibility of project reporting and communication products capturing lessons at the thematic, portfolio and project/programme levels, in coordination and collaboration with the communications and projects team. This includes studies/reports, workshops, case studies, knowledge notes, and e-learning, and may involve directly guiding projects, overseeing the work of consultants, and managing review and publication processes, as well as providing support and input to activities led by Secretariat colleagues.
- Support the State Programme Manager and the Secretariat in preparing operational guidelines and tools, documents and ensure that all project communications comply with and are aligned with the Activity’s Branding Strategy and Marking Plan.
- Interact with knowledge management specialists and teams of other climate funds, with the overarching goal of ensuring coherence and complementarity.
- Ensure high levels of transparency and accountability to both donors, to the project communities in line with WEWE’s vision to be the most financially compliant NGO in Nigeria.
- Observe with all WEWE and donor’s performance management standards and indicators.
- Strong skills in the following areas: project and people management skills; information management, research and reporting, administrative, networking and stakeholder engagement, negotiation and persuasion; planning and organising; problem analysis; verbal and written communication; and organisational learning and capacity development.
- The post-holder is expected to be results and data orientated; able to orient employees, be a team-player; pro-active and creative; culturally and gender sensitive; a good listener; committed to self-development; and able to make sound judgements under pressure.
- The post holder should have a knack for paying strong attention to details; good time management,
Job Requirement (Knowledge/Skills Competencies)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, Social, Communications, or a related field.
Minimum Working Experience:
- Minimal working experience of 2 years in knowledge management, communication, network facilitation or related field
- Experience with market driven inclusive value chains projects.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS office),
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in English Language (Oral and Written)
- Ability to effectively manage a variety of internal and external relationships, including relationships with donors and partners.
- Proven ability to manage team, with show leadership, and able to work independently.
- High degree of accountability and integrity.
- University degree (Masters) in Social, Communications, or related field is desirable.
- Experience in handling of web based management system and Web2.0/IT tools for knowledge management.
- Experience in working with international NGOs, local civil society organizations, government, bilateral and multilateral donors in a multi-cultural, politically sensitive environment is an advantage.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS word document) explaining suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please indicate the title of the position applied for in the subject line of the email. Applicants should provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on their CV as well as three professional referees. Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
- WEWE’S recruitment process for this position will be on a rolling basis and while we thank all applicants for showing interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis. WEWE reserve the right to conclude this recruitment process when suitable candidates are selected.