Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) in partnership with European Cooperative for Rural Development (EUCORD) an International NGO based in Brussels and a leading agribusiness company based in Lagos, is soliciting for qualified applicants for a proposal to Alliance for Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) – Partnership for Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa (PIATA), an agricultural intervention jointly funded by USAID, Bill & Melinda Gates and Rockefeller Foundation. WEWE and its partners are proposing to implement the project to develop a market-led maize and soy bean value chain targeting 100,000 farmers in Niger and Kaduna States.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager (M&E Manager)
Direct Reports: Project Director, WEWE Executive Director
Purpose and Scope of Work
- The M&E Manager will have the overall coordination of monitoring the project’s progress, management of monitoring field visits, coordination of data collection; communications to all program staff, and handle the Project’s M&E portfolio and requirements in compliance with WEWE, and Donor’s regulations.
- The M&E Manager will also supervise all the M&E officers and associates in the project.
- The post will be based in the WEWE Abuja office (Project Secretariat) with occasional trips to the project sites, State offices (Niger and Kaduna).
Project Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Overall coordination, management and delivery of the monitoring and evaluation reporting, documentation needs in the project in line with the donor requirements and as per the approved design, implementation plan and budget;
- Collect and collate reports from the field sites
- In charge of directing regular monitoring visits to verify data quality and authenticity in the project.
- Lead in operational research
- Ensure the routine Data Quality Assurance (DQA) assessments in the project and design system to incorporate remediation to the project.
- Develop case studies and success stories from implementation of M&E systems.
- Provide technical guidance on the implementation of project’s M&E plan.
- Supervise the conduct of Quarterly M&E meetings with implementing in the State.
- Lead in the fulfillment of reporting obligations performance indicators from the database to donors.
- Coordinate the Development/updating performance indicator definitions.
Managing People and Coordination of Activities:
- Supervise and manage the M&E Officers providing the coaching and mentoring support needed to improve their performance.
- Effective coordination and supervision of project M&E officials, and partners’ M&E consortia to ensure M&E partnership structures work effectively.
Controls, Documentation and Reporting:
- Supervise the production of Quarterly M&E reports in the project.
- Lead in responding to data queries from donors
- Manage the development of M&E tools
- Ensure high levels of transparency and accountability to both donors, to the project communities in line with WEWE’s vision to be the most financially compliant NGO in Nigeria.
- Observe with all WEWE and donor’s performance management standards and indicators.
Strong skills in the following areas: project and people management skills; budgeting & financial:
- Management; information management and reporting, networking and stakeholder engagement, negotiation and persuasion; planning and organising; problem analysis; oral and written communication; and organisational learning and capacity development.
- The post-holder is expected to be results and data orientated; a team-player; pro-active and creative; culturally and gender sensitive; a good listener; committed to self-development; and able to make sound judgements under pressure.
- Internally: WEWE Executive Director, WEWE Finance and Admin Director, State Programme Manager, Project Director, Head, Internal Audit/Compliance
- Externally: Donor’s Monitoring & Evaluation officials at the national level, and some interaction with local implementing partners and other stakeholders at the local level.
Job Requirement (Knowledge/Skills Competencies)
- A Masters Degree in Demography, Sociology, Anthropology, Statistics, Mathematics or a related field.
Minimum Working Experience:
- At least 5 years experience working in the field.
- Experience in working with international NGOs, local civil society organizations, government, bilateral and multilateral donors in a multi-cultural, politically sensitive environment.
- Thorough understanding of program management, donor reporting requirements and managing donor relations.
- Demonstrated research and evaluation skills
- Extremely strong computer literacy skills with knowledge of SPSS and/or STATA
- Very strong report writing skills.
- Fluent in English Language (Oral and Written)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a variety of internal and external relationships, including relationships with donors and partners.
- Proven ability to manage team, with strong leadership, conceptualizing ideas and able to work independently.
- High degree of accountability and integrity and ability to coach, mentor and inspire subordinates.
- Knowledge and experience in M&E reporting in gender sensitive and inclusive value chains programming.
- Fluent in Hausa Language (Oral).
Application Closing Date
Method for Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS word document) explaining suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please indicate the title of the position applied for in the subject line of the email. Applicants should provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on their CV as well as three professional referees. Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
- WEWE’S recruitment process for this position will be on a rolling basis and while we thank all applicants for showing interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis. WEWE reserve the right to conclude this recruitment process when suitable candidates are selected