We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gender Advisor (Short Term)
Niger and Kaduna
- Provide facilitation and training services and support other project staff in designing training and Ensure that gender considerations are integrated into the design, review and/or development of program activities through gender-aware and gender-transformative programming.
- Provide efforts to build the capacity of program staff, and other key stakeholders including communities and government partners to mainstream gender across all activities at the individual, household and community levels.
- Conduct trainings and Training of Trainers (ToT) for program staff and community workforces to support the development and implementation of gender-aware and gender-transformative interventions.
- Promote male engagement and introduce notions of positive masculinities regarding gender norms and roles in nutrition and agriculture.
- Collaborate with the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning unit to ensure that the outcomes and impact of the gender activities is measured and evaluated for constant learning and improvement.
- Promote and support the dissemination of best practices related to gender among the project teams.
- Contribute to timely, accurate, and appropriate reporting of program activities and results to the donor, including progress reports and annual reports.
- Liaise and coordinate with other related projects and activities ongoing in Niger and Kaduna State including WEWE’s ongoing programs.
- Lead the development of annual work plans and contribute to development of performance monitoring plans. Work closely with other project technical experts on all project activities.
- Master’s Degree in Gender Studies, International Development, Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or related field.
- At least 10 year’s experience in designing, managing, and implementing community development and gender programming in developing countries.
- At least six (6) years of experience with gender mainstreaming, and gender issues related to girls’ or women’s empowerment.
- Experience in the development and implementation of gender-specific training for international organizations, NGOs, or other civil society organizations essential.
- Experience developing high-impact gender tools and materials.
- Demonstrated experience in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of international development and integrated program activities in the areas of girls’ and women’s empowerment, and gender integration.
- Proficiency in English Language.
- Proficiency in Hausa Language is an asset.
Application Closing Date
Method for Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS word document) explaining suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please indicate the title of the position applied for in the subject line of the email. Applicants should provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on their CV as well as three professional referees.
- Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
- WEWE’S recruitment process for these positions will be on a rolling basis and while we thank all applicants for showing interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis. WEWE reserve the right to conclude this recruitment process when suitable candidates are selected.