Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) in partnership with European Cooperative for Rural Development (EUCORD) an International NGO based in Brussels and a leading agribusiness company based in Lagos, is soliciting for qualified applicants for a proposal to Alliance for Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) – Partnership for Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa (PIATA), an agricultural intervention jointly funded by USAID, Bill & Melinda Gates and Rockefeller Foundation. WEWE and its partners are proposing to implement the project to develop a market-led maize and soy bean value chain targeting 100,000 farmers in Niger and Kaduna States.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (State M&E Officer)
Niger and Kaduna
Slots: 2 Openings
- Internally: WEWE Executive Director, WEWE Finance and Admin Director, State Programme Manager, Project Director, Head, Internal Audit/Compliance, M&E Manager, Knowledge Management/Communications Officer.
- Externally: Donor’s Monitoring & Evaluation officials at the national level, and some interaction with local implementing partners and other stakeholders at the local level.
- Direct Reports: Project Director, WEWE Executive Director
Purpose and Scope of Work
- The State M&E Officer will assist in conducting the monitoring the project’s progress, embarking on monitoring field visits, in charge of data collection; and communications to all program staff
- The successful candidate will also undertake and be part of the team handling the Project’s M&E portfolio and requirements in compliance with WEWE, and Donor’s regulations.
- The State M&E Officer will be based in the project State offices (Niger and Kaduna).
Project Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Conducting monitoring and evaluation reporting and documentation in line with the donor requirements and as per the approved design, implementation plan and budget;
- Collect and collate reports from the field.
- Embarking on regular monitoring visits to verify data quality and authenticity in the project.
- Partake in conducting operational research in the project.
- Perform routine Data Quality Assurance (DQA) assessments in the project and implement designed systems to incorporate remediation to the project.
- Generate case studies and success stories from implementation of M&E systems and liaising with the Knowledge Management/Communications Officer.
- Provide guidance on the implementation of project’s M&E plan.
- Perform all reporting obligations and performance indicators from the database to donors.
- Development/updating performance indicator definitions.
Managing People and Coordination of Activities:
- Facilitate the successful conduct of Quarterly M&E meetings with implementing agents in the State.
- Be in liaison with the Knowledge Management/Communications Officer to share programme data.
Controls, Documentation and Reporting:
- Contribute to the production of Quarterly M&E reports in the project.
- Respond to data queries from donors
- Contribute and assist in the development of M&E tools
- Ensure high levels of transparency and accountability to both donors, to the project communities in line with WEWE’s vision to be the most financially compliant NGO in Nigeria.
- Observe with all WEWE and donor’s performance management standards and indicators.
Job Requirement (Knowledge/Skills Competencies)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Demography, Sociology, Anthropology, Statistics, Mathematics or a related field.
Minimum Working Experience:
- At least 2 – 3 years experience working in the field.
- Experience in working with international NGOs, local civil society organizations, government, bilateral and multilateral donors in a multi-cultural, politically sensitive environment.
- Thorough understanding of program management, donor reporting requirements and managing donor relations.
- Demonstrated research and evaluation skills
- Extremely strong computer literacy skills with knowledge of SPSS and/or STATA
- Very strong report writing skills.
- Fluent in English Language (Oral and Written)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a variety of internal and external relationships, including relationships with donors and partners.
- Proven ability to manage team, with strong leadership, conceptualizing ideas and able to work independently.
- High degree of accountability and integrity and ability to coach, mentor and inspire subordinates.
- Knowledge and experience in M&E reporting in gender sensitive and inclusive value chains programming.
- Fluent in Hausa Language (Oral) is an added advantage.
- Strong skills in the following areas: project and people management skills; budgeting & financial
- Management; information management and reporting, networking and stakeholder engagement, negotiation and persuasion; planning and organising; problem analysis; oral and written communication; and organisational learning and capacity development
- The post-holder is expected to be results and data orientated; a team-player; pro-active and creative; culturally and gender sensitive; a good listener; committed to self-development; and able to make sound judgements under pressure.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS word document) explaining suitability for the job to: email@example.comPlease indicate the title of the position applied for in the subject line of the email.
- Applicants should provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on their CV as well as three professional referees
- Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
- WEWE’S recruitment process for this position will be on a rolling basis and while we thank all applicants for showing interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis
- WEWE reserve the right to conclude this recruitment process when suitable candidates are selected.