La Sien Bottling Company Limited, an FMCG company that has been producing and distributing premium bottled water since 2010; and has a vision to “be available on every table in every locality”; requires the services of a Head of Finance to lead our dynamic team into the next phase of success for our business.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Production
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Reports To: Operations Manager
Management Level: Middle Management
Supervises: Production Supervisor
Summary of Job Purpose
- The Head of Production will be required to oversee the cost effectiveness and planning of the entire production process and to optimise the plant
- He/she will be expected to ensure the availability of finished products, management of raw materials and waste and liaise with Engineering on maintenance planning.
- The job holder will be responsible for the health and safety of all personnel on the production line
- He/she will champion CILT, 5S and be able to develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the entire production process.
- Planning and organizing production schedules (daily, weekly and monthly)
- Overseeing the production process and ensure that it is cost-effective.
- Organizing in conjunction with the head of engineering for the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment.
- Manage all production resources (raw materials, consumables, manpower, time, utilities etc.)
- Monitor product standards and implement quality control standards.
- Approve all production team’s requisitions.
- Review performance of line personnel.
- Develop production reports for management.
- Prepare SOPs and ensure adherence to them.
- Monitor waste to determine trends and areas of improvement.
- Set production targets
- Keep abreast of new technology that can be used in the production process.
Required Education and Experience
- Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or Production Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a production role as a supervisor.
- Experience on a bottling line (PET line an added advantage).
- Familiar with current advanced bottling technology e.g Krones, KHS etc.
- Proven ability to reduce production downtime and waste.
- Knowledge & Operation of Krones equipment.
- Team working skills to work cooperatively and manage people at all levels.
- Good diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Structured, methodical and able to keep track of events and complex matters.
- Composure under pressure
- People management/leadership skills and high level of initiative.
Application Closing Date
23rd August, 2018
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Head of Production”.