John Haris Construction – We offer general contracting, construction management, and design-build services to private and public companies for projects of all sizes – from a single office fit-up to treatment plants valued at over $250 million.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Project Manager – Construction
Reporting to: Director of Engineering
Supervises: Consultants and Contractors
- The Senior Project Manager role plans, directs, manages and provides oversight of assigned design and construction projects to ensure that company goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed schedule and budget parameters.
- Effectively communicates with field staff, technical staff, contractors and management.
- Provides internal and external coordination and collaboration with project partners and stakeholders.
- This position will assist in the management of key company initiatives and projects.
- The position requires considerable judgment and latitude in performing job duties, and is expected to function effectively with minimal to moderate direct supervision.
The ideal candidate will need to:
- Provide detailed constructability reviews of project documents; make recommendations.
- Advise, consult, lead and provide feedback on the development of construction procurement documents, including plans, construction phase consulting services, and responsibilities.
- Participate in and/or lead project evaluation and consultant selection for applicable procurements.
- Manage day-to-day work on projects in construction phases; coordinate and make recommendations regarding status of work.
- Attend and actively participate in partnering sessions with contractors, agencies, and organizations to obtain feedback on company performance and effectiveness; represent company needs; and develop strong working relationships throughout the industry.
- Represent the company in Value Engineering studies on projects in development.
- Represent the company in reviewing contractor requests through formal or informal processes, and provide prompt responses to keep projects on schedule.
- Provide regular detailed reporting/metrics on existing projects, resources allocation, project status completion statistics, any variances to plan and forecasting of future needs.
- Review and monitor project work to ensure that progress is within expected guidelines and is completed on time and within budget.
- Review and provide recommendations on potential Change Orders on projects and process per contractual requirements, providing detailed analysis of impacts to the company budget and schedule.
- Regularly review project schedules, analyze and monitor construction progress to determine impacts to schedule and provide feedback to Director of Engineering and Executive staff
- Enforce constructor contracts compliance for reporting, environmental requirements, scheduling, and invoicing.
- Monitor and communicate project-related issues, scope changes, variances and contingencies that may arise during the construction of projects to the Director of Engineering and Executive staff. Facilitate amicable solutions.
- Meet with and effectively communicate with project partners, project stakeholders and general public.
- Coordinate project management matters, both current and future.
- Advise, consult and communicate directly with the Executive Director, Deputy Executive Director, Director of Engineering and management level staff on project matters.
- Participate in contractor evaluation, bid analysis reviews, and award recommendation.
- Manage project budgets in an effective, efficient manner.
- Complete any other job-related duties as assigned.
- Tertiary Degree in Engineering, Construction, Project Management or related field
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Engineering or related discipline from a reputable university
- 8+ years’ experience as Project Manager in construction, out of which 4 years could be Deputy Project Manager or Construction Engineer, preferable in government organizations.
- Excellent communications skills, problem solving skills, analytical skills negotiation skills;
- Excellent knowledge of project management (Planning, Organizing, Budgeting, Execution etc.);
- Excellent knowledge of MS office;
- A team leader committed to achieve the overall objectives of the project.
Application Closing Date
17th September, 2018
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org with position title in the subject line.