Solidarites International For over 35 years, the humanitarian aid organization SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL has been committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator
Job number: SRH03136
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract Type: Short term contract
Desired start date: asap
Duration of the mission: 12 months
About the Job
Under the supervision of his Country Director and with the support of headquarters teams, the Deputy Country Director for Programs is responsible for:
- The logistics coordinator pilots logistics activities of the mission to ensure the smooth running of SI programs in the country.
- He/She ensures the implementation of SI procedures and logistics tools on the mission and ensure their compliance and their proper use.
- He/she helps define the mission strategy, drafting and designing projects necessary means and activities SI.
- He/She supports the head of mission in the operational safety. He is the referent on the mission and the link between headquarters and the mission for any issue related to logistics
- He/She supports the Field coordinator and base staffs in all necessary matters
- Priorities for the 2/3 first months
- Kick off of new projects purchases
- Follow up of bases procurement process
- Training of new national base logistics managers
Specific stakes and challenges:
- Management: The team in coordination office is composed by
- 1 Deputy Log Coordinator (expatriate)
- 1 IT Responsible
- 1 Stock Manager
- 1 Procurement Manager, who is the manager of 2 purchase officers
Moreover, the Log Coordinator has a functional link with the Log Managers in the bases:
- Partners: the main partners are the NGOs of the consortium projects and WFP in Monguno. The cluster meeting participation is a very important part of the log Coordinator part
- Context: The specificity and difficulty of the context implies challenges in the carry on of the daily logistics activities
- Contractors: SI’s activities are sometimes requiring strong technical skills and heavy machinery (borehole drillings…). Thus, SI has to rely on contractors to conduct those works which should be very closely monitored.
A key management point is that in Maiduguri are located both an operational base and most of the coordination team. It will be important to ensure that communication schemes are in place and that there is no confusion between base and coordination (decision making, roles and responsibilities).
- 5 years of logistics management experience with at least 1 years’ experience at a management/ coordination level and 2 year in an international (i.e. not home country) context
- A degree in Logistics, Engineering, Business, or related field
- English proficiency
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft packages, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of security management systems and approaches for NGO’s
- Ability to integrate into the local environment, taking account of its political, economic and historical characteristics
- Appropriate skills and experience in the capacity building and training of staff
- Strong experience of developing and implementing systems
- Knowledge of project management, vehicle management, procurement, stock control and management systems;
- Ability to work under pressure to pursue multiple tasks simultaneously to successful conclusions
- Resilience to stress
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- In Maiduguri the base offers a comfortable environment, in spite of limited movements outside of the compound for security reasons.
SI will offer you:
- A salaried post: according to experience from 2640 euros gross per month with a monthly perdiem.
- R&R: during the assignment, a system of R&R is implemented every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7-day break during the 3rd and the 9th month (with 750 USD allocated by Solidarités International). He or she will also be entitled to go back to his or her home country for a 14-day period after six months spent on the mission (Solidarites International will cover travel costs).
- Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidates should submit their CV and Cover letter in English during application. CV only, applications will not be considered.
- The vacancy may close before the deadline