PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) – Our client, The Family Homes Funds Limited is a limited liability company with the Federal Ministry of Finance and the Nigerian Sovereign Investment Authority as founding shareholders with a corporate office is located in F.C.T. Abuja.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Investment Analyst_ FHF 010
Reference Number: 130-PEO00935
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
Strategic direction and overall leadership is provided by the Board of Directors of whom a majority will be independent non executives. The appointment of the Board is expected to be completed by 30th September 2018. Day to day management of the Company is delegated to a 3 person senior leadership team headed by the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer.
What We Do
Towards the achievement of its two core objectives, the Company will manage two funds:
- Homes Building Fund – Will provide debt and equity financing into eligible projects particularly those targeting people on low to medium incomes. The objective of the Homes Building Fund is to support development of new affordable housing through private and public sector partners. The financing opportunities are available in all states of the federation and the Federal Capital Territory. As at 30th June 2018, we have committed over N18bn towards the development of about 4000 homes. We expect to commit a further N100bn towards the development of 30,000 homes over the next 12 months.
- Homes Loans Assistance Fund – This fund will provide financing assistance to eligible home buyers. The facility is a key part of our strategy for improving affordability of home ownership towards people on low to medium income. By June 2019, we expect to have committed N25bn towards the programme.
In addition to the above we expect to roll out a Rental Housing Fund and a Land Development Fund over the next 18months.
Our work in these areas are underpinned by two key commitments:
- Partnerships – We can achieve much more collectively than any single player can individually. The Funds aims to build strong partnerships with a broad range of institutions and agencies to maximize every opportunity for enabling access to affordable housing for Nigerians, particularly those on low income.
- Innovation – We are committed to innovation across each area of our focus areas. This is an ongoing journey which will be shaped by the passion and commitment of our team to improve the quality of lives of the people we serve.
Roles & Responsibilities
- The Analyst will participate in all transaction functions and portfolio management activities. The job holder will support senior investment professionals with financial modelling, research, investment & portfolio analysis, and investment negotiations.
Specific Duties of the Position
- Analysis of investment opportunities including financial modeling, valuation and return analysis
- Market and industry research
- Due diligence on companies, management, customers, competitors and industries
- Preparation of term sheets and letters of intent and review of transaction documentation
- Monitoring of select portfolio companies and quarterly portfolio valuation analysis
- Preparation of materials for FHF’s investment committee
- A Bachelor’s degree with honors from a top university or college
- 3-5 years’ experience as an analyst with a top-tier investment bank or consulting group
- Outstanding financial modeling and analytical skills
- Demonstrated competency in financial statement analysis, business valuation, accounting and finance
Skills and Competencies
- Proactive and Driven
- Industry and Business Knowledge
- Analytical Skills
- Negotiation / Marketing
- Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Property law
- Deal Making
- Financial Modelling
- Business Valuation
- Business Plan/ Strategy interpretation
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Budget preparation, interpretation, appropriation and monitoring
- Risk Monitoring and Control
- Team work
- Accounting & Finance
Application Closing Date
17th September, 2018
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online