Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its 13 global brands, which include Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Systems Officer
Job ID: HOT05JA1
Employment Type: Full-time
- An Information Systems Officer will support the Information Systems Manager for the day-to-day support of IT systems for business systems, office systems, computer networks, and telephony systems throughout the hotel.
What will I be doing?
As Information Systems Officer you are responsible for providing guests and users with a high degree of satisfaction and technical expertise via a deliberate skills training, retraining, IT Audits and enforcement of SOPs with respect to all applications. Strong service and effective communication skills are required along with a thorough understanding of desktop software and architecture, Audio Visual equipment, Telephony, and an understanding of networking to ensure optimal benefits of all applications:
- Ensure consistently strong operational support for all internal hotel IT systems and users, minimizing any system outages
- Maintains a tracking system of all software challenges, routine systems upgrades and service requests for all technology applications (software).
- Responsible for performing Technology Services asset management and inventory of software, versions and release levels
- Assists Information Systems Manager in his/her duties as in compliance with Hilton Hotels Corporation Standards
- Co-ordinate and Performs all installations, set-ups of Audio Visual, Communications, Networking, and IT solutions in Meeting Rooms, Guest Rooms and hotel work areas
- Provides end-user (external guest and internal guest) support / training for hardware and software issues
- Listens to and resolves all team members and guest concerns regarding softwares/solutions to the satisfaction of the parties involved
- Build a strong working relations with all hotel departments.
- Understand fully legal requirements on IT governance and security.
What are we looking for?
Information Systems Officer serving Hilton brands are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous IT management experience, preferably in the hotel, leisure, and/or service sector
- Experience of all Microsoft systems
- Experience of hotel applications, such as Fidelio and Micros, preferred
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Current technical skills and knowledge of technology
- General understanding of IT infrastructure trends and technologies, including networks, databases, business applications, and development methodology
- Ability to plan ahead and develop contingency plans, where necessary
It is advantageous in this position if you demonstrate the following capabilities and advantages:
- Ability to work in a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Positive Attitude
- IT proficient
- Willingness to develop team members and self
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online